The registrations for the Battlegrounds Mobile India series (BGMI) will finally be underway from 19th July. The prize money for the same is kept at 1 Crore INR. This tournament is open for everyone in India. There are no restrictions on participation. The second and third prize money is kept at 50 Lakh and 10 Lakh respectively. The main goal of this tournament is to make BGMI the most competitive Esports game in India. The game received lots of love and support from the Indian youth when it was released on the 2nd of July. This tournament provides a platform for young Indian gamers to showcase their talent on the big stage. Online gaming is on the rise especially because of the pandemic and lockdown and this tournament will boost the Esports economy greatly.
The format and the dates are as follows for now.
• The BGMI in-game qualifiers will begin on August 2nd and end on August 8th.
• The online qualifiers will start on August 17th and end on September 12th. Henceforth 64 teams will qualify in this stage.
• Furthermore, the quarter-finals will start on September 16th and last until September 26th. Also, 24 teams will be qualifying in this stage.
• The BGMI semi-finals will begin on September 30th and last until October 3rd. Moreover, only 16 teams will qualify in this stage.
• Finally, the finals will kick off on October 7th and last until October 10th.
To be eligible for the tournament, players must improve their in-game rank to the platinum tier or higher.
The rules and regulations are as follows.
• Players who have registered for BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA SERIES 2021 will have to play 15 matches with their registered team members over the given time period of time.
• The top 10 of 15 matches will be considered for evaluation and scored accordingly
• In case of a tie, certain parameters such as finishes, survival time, accuracy, etc will be considered
• Top 1024 teams will qualify for the next round
• Only the first 15 matches played with registered team members shall be deemed valid.
Krafton may include other changes or extensions to these rules.